Park Circle: The Hottest Neighborhood in Charleston
Park Circle in North Charleston is one of the most eccentric and sought after neighborhoods in Charleston.
Originally comprised of rice plantations then developed into a community focused on green space and parks, the Marquis style design of Park Circle became one of the first English Garden style communities in the US.
With its perfect location, STEAM schools, diverse dining and love for local fare, it’s easy to see why Park Circle has become so beloved by both natives and newcomers in the present day:
- Location, location, location: First and foremost, it’s all about location in real estate. Park Circle is centrally located to the entire town of Charleston, and it’s easily a 15/20/30 minute drive to and from anywhere in the area...dependent on traffic, of course.
- Schools: Park Circle houses the #1 high school in the state of South Carolina as well as three of the most coveted county wide magnet, partial magnet, and Montessori models in Charleston county. Learn more about your school choice options here.
- Restaurants & Bars: Between The CODfather Proper Fish & Chips, Commonhouse Aleworks, FOOD on Spruill, Lola, Orange Spot Coffee, Park Circle Creamery, Southern Roots, Sesame, Stems & Skins and the best locally made gourmet and takeaway pizza in the city, Park Circle residents have access to anything and everything they could ever crave.
- Events & Local Fare: The Charleston Food Truck Festival, High Water Fest, North Charleston Arts Fest, Rockabillaque and holiday block parties and parades make Park Circle especially family friendly and fun. Local businesses have also blossomed in the area, taking priority over wholesale warehouses and big box stores. The Station Park Circle alone boasts goods from over 35 vendors, artists, and crafters including Park Circle favorite, Black Octopus Mercantile. Not to mention the The Brew Cellar, local farmers market, Kwik Stop, Mixson Market, and Pink Crocodile who all support local merchandise in their shops.
- Focus on Fitness: Park Circle is literally centered around sports and fitness. Baseball fields, a playground, sidewalks, bootcamps and crossfit form the heart, the Park Circle Disc Golf Course lines the perimeter, and classes at Barefoot Yoga Studio, Danny Jones Recreation Center, and Park Circle Jiu Jitsu are daily to-do’s on most neighbor’s schedules.