Hurricane Properness in Charleston
Hurricane season is now upon us, and it never ever hurts to be prepared!
We have several real estate clients moving to the Charleston area from other states that have lots of questions. We love to share our experience and tips on any aspect of Lowcountry Living.
Over the next few weeks, we will be doing a quick series on Hurricanes - How to....
Below is a great list we brainstormed on about documents to gather when a hurricane is threatening.
Documents to gather, have copies of, and protect in a waterproof container:
- health insurance cards
- drivers license/passports
- birth/marriage/death certificates
- homeowners insurance policy and agent contact number /renters insurance policy
- life insurance policies
- wills, power of attorney, any legal documents
- bank records
- stock certificates
- pet vaccination records
- map of area and area you are evacuating to
- first aid book
- address book with phone numbers written in (in case power is out for an extended period and no cell phone charger)
- photos of your residence including content photos such as closet and inside drawer shots
Individuals will have other items that come to mind on the list, we hope to have given you a good start. Another great idea is to check with your bank about safe deposit boxes, many offer them free of charge if your home loan is with them.
Don't forget, if hurricanes scare the willies out of you, we also sell 30 miles inland in Summerville! Call today to speak with one of our knowledgeable agents.